View Single Post
dmccloud

dmccloud has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD

I went to the local Apple Store and arrived about 50 minutes before they opened. I was roughly the 20th person in line (people tend to wait until the last minute in Alaska), but by the time the doors opened, there was probably 80-100 people total. I was in and out by 8:30am with my brand new 32GB WiFi+LTE iPad. Compared to the iPad2 (which I sold for $340 that afternoon), I did not notice the difference in either weight or thickness, although the Belkin hard case I used with the iPad 2 will not fit onto the new iPad. I have noticed the new iPad getting warm on occasion, but never to the point where it was uncomfortable or concerning in any way. My display has had none of the light leak or yellowing issues some people have reported either.

I did have to go to Best Buy later that afternoon for an unrelated matter, and they literally had stacks of iPads still available for sale. From all accounts, Apple and retailers worked to make sure that stores wouldn't run into prolonged shortages like there have been with prior iPad launches.

-------------------------------------------------
15" Retina MacBook Pro (Late 2013)
2.6 GHz Core i7 | 16GB | 1TB SSD | OS X Mavericks 10.9.3
QUOTE Thanks