View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandytg View Post
I have a Macbook pro, Late 2010-this is the computer I use the most. I bought the drive to transport files to and from work. I can't tell you the exact models of the other Macs right now, because they are at work. Some are Macbooks, some are iMacs. It finally mounted last night, and I erased everything and reformatted it as FAT32. I ejected it, then tried to use it again, and it took forever to mount.
Ahh...the purpose for this flash drive is actually different than what I thought when I first read your original post...thanks for the info. So it sounds like you primarily want to use this flash drive for file transfer...between other Mac's and Windows computers.

Just to be sure...is this late-2010 MacBook Pro the computer you're having problems with regarding the 32gig flash drive?

In case you're not an expert regarding the formatting of USB flash drives...here's an article to read:

Mac 101: Format choices for USB flash drives | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

...definitely read the "advantages & disadvantages" of the "FAT-32" formatting...just in case (for your purposes) there could be an issue.

Also consider (since this flash drive is new)...that it could be defective...and all of the troubleshooting we do won't overcome any defects. I know that you mentioned that this flash drive works in other computers...I just wanted to mention this...just in case.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks