View Single Post
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
In 3G/4G world, there is no "incoming" or "outgoing" data. There is just data, and everything your iPhone does that uses it -- from receiving an email to checking the time and temperature -- uses data when you're not using Wi-Fi. It's a trivial amount most of the time, but it's still using it.
That's just semantics. Even with mobile data streams there still the concept of upload and download.

But in regard to using and being charged for data perhaps this is another of those global telecoms anomalies.

I'm in the UK. My son has an iPhone with a pay-as-you-go sim. The same is true of my daughters data allowance on contract with a different provider. Once the 3g data allowance is used up they can no longer upload or download in the traditional sense. Yet, without financial or data use penalty, they can still receive push email.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks