View Single Post
SustainedNote

SustainedNote is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
I think the first thing to do is to verify that hard drive. Boot your machine with the Snow Leopard DVD and use Disk Utility from the DVD to verify and if necessary repair the hard drive. Let's see what Disk Utility tells us about the hard drive.

Post back the results and we can go from there.
I attempted to Boot from my Snow Leopard disc and my system makes a bunch of drive noises then spits the disc out. I am able to load this disc on other computers.

I am now able to use Spotlight so I can load Disk Utility. I did so and verified that the HD is OK. When I verified permissions I got hundreds of lines of the following:

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/dt.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .

User differs on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib", should be 0, user is 95.

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Then just a few of these:

ACL found but not expected on "private/etc/apache2/users".

ACL found but not expected on "Library/Preferences/Audio".

ACL found but not expected on "Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/RemoteDesktop.menu/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/RemoteDesktopMenu.nib", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Any ideas?

Would trashing my preferences help?

Thanks,
Brandon
QUOTE Thanks