View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard22 View Post
My question is, is it possible to take the logic board out without Apple knowing? I'm thinking if I take it in to them they'll be able to tell it's had water damage even if the LSIs weren't triggered in its current state. But if I can clean up any signs of water damage from the logic board then I might have a chance to use my applecare in the future...? And most importantly have a functioning macbook.
I'm pretty sure your Applecare is already voided since the moisture indicators have most likely already been triggered.

Quote:
And yes I know this post will rile some and is against Apple's rules.
Of course fraud is wrong...and you know it!

Quote:
But i'm stretched financially right now and can't afford the anticipated tier IV water repair bill! Need this computer to work for the next few years.
- Who isn't stretched financially??
- When is it ever a good time to un-expectantly have to replace an expensive item like a laptop computer??
- When did being stretched financially make fraud...or other criminal behavior acceptable??

I'm very sorry to hear about the damage to your 2011 MacBook Pro...but having ANY liquids near a laptop computer...is a bad bad idea!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks