View Single Post
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.2-MacMini3,1:10.9.2-iPhone6,1:7.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
We're hovering around $3.75 or so here - and most of it is 10% Ethanol.

We do have a few stations that sell Ethanol-free gas at a premium of usually $0.20/gallon. I've experimented with it on occasion and see no discernable difference in mileage. But then, my car is somewhat of a pig on gas, regardless of the conditions.
I use the nonoxygenated gas for long term storage. It lasts much longer than the ethanol blend. It's also much kinder to small engines like generators and chain saws when it sits for months. I've not seen better gas mileage from it, but my Jeep and my Hemi weren't designed with fuel economy in mind. The ability to store it for 3, 6 or even 9 months is worth it sometimes, but it does cost you. I'll add that if you monkey with tuning engines, nonox takes timing advances much better without detonation.

Privacy has become a luxury good. Be prepared to budget for it from here on out...
QUOTE Thanks