View Single Post
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Not true...I copied the entire iTunes folder from the Mac to the NAS.
Ok, so I missed the mark, partly, but only the media should be on the NAS, the rest should be on the PC. The NAS is purely storage, it doesn't run/control the library.

Quote:
Lots of stuff here. Yes, my first idea was to make the PC the "master" and use home sharing, but I also asked if it was true that I could NOT sync to a home shared library and never got an answer.
You asked 'if i can't' - but you can, as per my post, so there was not point answering that question.

Quote:
Assuming that was correct, and initially thinking that home sharing only seemed to work for music and not videos (tested by sharing the MBP over the network and picking it up on my PC) but then discovering they were all there mixed together, home sharing appeared to NOT be the best answer. Nobody debated this point so I had to assume it was true.
You never mentioned NOT or WHY using Home Sharing and my link to 'understanding home sharing' details what media can be shared.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks