View Single Post
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrd View Post
Since nothing else worked like I expected, I tried home sharing from my MBP to my PC but it seems to work only with music, not anything else (movies, podcasts, etc...).

Maybe one of you smart people can help me figure out the best way to do what I want to do. Fundamentally, is there a way to have multiple libraries access the same music folder on the NAS? I think that would solve all my issues. I assume that I can create a new library on the PC, but how do I point it at the other iTunes folder? Is there an easy way to import the whole folder?

Thanks!
I'd stick with the original idea. Having two machines sync to one set of media files requires third party software to manage additions, deletions and syncing.

Also it doesn't satisfy your need to take parts of the library on the road with you because you'll lose all access to the media files when you leave the local network.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks