View Single Post
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrd View Post
However, I just read elsewhere that I can't sync my iPhone to a home shared library.
Question: Is that true with the current version of iTunes and iOS?
As long as you have copied across the music/video/apps required by your phone then this is fine

Quote:
PS: When I travel I don't need music on my MBP but having a movie or two would be nice...the plan is to create a separate library and just copy (import) the movies I plan to watch before I leave. When I get home, I'll just reconnect to the main library.
No need to have a separate library if you're using home sharing as that process copies the content from the 'master' library into the iTunes library on your MBP

Quote:
PPS: If I sync my iPhone to the library on my MBP, is there any advantage to turning on Homesharing on my iPhone?
Not quite sure what you mean by 'turning homesharing on my iPhone'

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks