View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roweshan View Post
I have tried to defrag and it would not because of an error on the disk (I believe a broken file), I backed up my drive to reformat but everything I encounter seems to require me to boot off of my cd's which are currently unavailable to me at this time (back at my families house which is several hours away) hence trying to use the image of what should be a valid disk. If I get my orignal disk (or buy a copy of snow leopard from apple) will the machine boot properly, or is there anything else that could be preventing my machine from booting up on a different drive incorrectly?
Did you run Verify/Repair disk and Verify/Repair Permissions in the First Aid tab in Disk Utility? Are you sure the drive is physically healthy?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks