View Single Post
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

It sounds like you have not run a scan yet with ClamXAV? You could've given her the Windows virus. This is why I also use ClamXAV to scan my system. In the past I have found that I was carrying some Windows viruses that were passed onto me from Windows users.

Whether a person believes it's the other person's job to problem to protect their own computers, I do it to try and be nice since most of the files I'm sharing are to friends and family. Even if they have antivirus software they are not always 100% effective at catching viruses. My Dad has been infected a few times even though he has antivirus software.

The nice thing about ClamXAV is that it doesn't run in the background eating up your system resources and interfering with the performance of your computer. All you need to do is every so often do a manual scan of your whole computer overnight or individual files if you suspect it might contain a virus. You can do a manual scan in the background while using your computer too. I've done it before and it doesn't use up that much of my system resources. As the others have mentioned, you are really only looking for Windows viruses.
QUOTE Thanks