View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I don't really have an answer for this at the moment. I can say from experience:

1. It is generally better to let Time Machine Manage when files are deleted rather than trying to do it yourself,
2. This problem emptying the trash may not be Time Machine related. I am experiencing the same error with files in no way connected to Time Machine on a drive that has never been used for Time machine.

If you must delete these files you can try what I've done when this error occurs. First, eject the external drive that is reporting the error. You may have to let the Finder force eject the drive. Then remount the drive and wait for it to reappear. You should now be able to move the files to the trash and delete them.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks