Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
01-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by outafterdark
Sorry, I do have a proper OS install disc. It's not a copy or anything like that. I'm currently trying something else, but will edit the thread to show what year and model etc it is.
The disc says "Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer". Then gives me the option of going into disc utility. Surely these genuine discs aren't my problem?
you don't have a proper OS install disk...for two reasons:
1. You're not supposed to borrow OS install disks from a friend (it's against Apple's EULA)!
2. The OS install disks you "borrowed" are from a different model Macintosh. Those gray disks are model specific...and that's why they aren't working on your MacBook!
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery