Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
01-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Duane01
It's possible I can get the original cds that came with the computer but doubtful. Right now the problems more then just the cd.
One thing I should add is that when you try to start the computer sometimes the hard drive doesn't make any noise and this is the times when it's unsuccessful in starting but somtimes it makes a noise and that is when it at least makes it to the flashing folder icon screen.
Yes...it does sound like this computer could possibly have bigger problems...but you can't troubleshoot further without a proper OS install disk.
Why?...the flashing "?" means that the hard drive doesn't have a bootable OS on it. Or the flashing "?" could mean that the HD is "dead" and needs to be replaced.
In either case you need a proper OS install disk to:
- troubleshoot further
- to install the OS on a new HD if it needs one
- to try to boot the computer "as is" from the optical drive
- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery