View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by circa_bc View Post
Found it, thanks

not to sure how i would have screwed it up beyond working... cables went in super clean, no issues... its just 2 little connectors.

any chance this is because of the OSX upgrade?
I'd be surprised if it was. I'm not sure how the WiFi card is installed in the MBP, but it is near the optical drive and you were in that vicinity to install the OptiBay. I know in other laptops I've worked on, the WiFi card is in a slot - and a bump the wrong way could keep it from seating right. I would try removing it entirely and reinstalling. If it does slot into place like most other laptops, another thing to try is to rub a pencil eraser on the contacts to clean them (make sure the lint doesn't land in the laptop).

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks