View Single Post
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
I think thats a pretty good idea actually, it would keep down the number of "Why can't I post in B/S/T???!"

However… right now anybody can post in a thread already started and buy or trade something, right?
So unless we want to keep new joiners from buying or trading from the regulars, it wouldn't work.
I think it is a good idea, and should be mandatory on any forum. I wouldn't want to buy or sell to a member with zero reputation. eBay reps don't mean much to me either simply due to how horribly the eBay and Paypal system is set up. It's easy to get pushed around if you're the seller, as there are hardly any safeguards set up for them. Whereas the buyer can basically steal anything they want more or less.

I always try and buy from someone close to me if possible, so that I can meet them in person. Otherwise, I only trust their reputation based upon previous transaction history. On some forums, there is a separate section setup for just this sort of thing. The buyer/seller sets up the transaction, and the whole thing gets logged in a forum post. After the sale is finished, both members have an opportunity to give their account of the transaction. This way, other members can see what they should expect.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks