View Single Post
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
i just make playlists for each artist.....its so much more organized for the ipod
But if the Id3 tags are sorted correctly, that's basically what the 'Artists' menu does: It lists all the songs of one artist, just like a playlist...
The advantage is that you can also single out a particular album or even genre if you'd like. Plus I have 312 artists, I don't want a playlist in iTunes for each one..

Quote:
mine are all LEGAL backups of cd's that i own.. the format is: ARTIST - ALBUM - TRACK NUMBER - TITLE... most of the files iTunes does ok in respect to putting ARTIST in ARTIST column and so on, but alot of them it has all the files info in the SONG NAME column..
Then check out these scripts to put that information into the ID3 tags for you... iTunes is so cool once your tags are sorted - it's really worth the effort!
http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts09.php
QUOTE Thanks