View Single Post
bobmielke

bobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the roughbobmielke is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8

I'm a photographer. When I bought my original iPad I was curious how it would benefit my photography and other interests. I was so completely swept away by the iPad's versatility that I sold my custom desktop PC and two Windows based laptops. I now own a 21.5" iMac with 16Gig of RAM. I use Photoshop CS5 and a slew of plug-in applications to process my photos. Once finished I upload my finished pictures to SmugMug, a professional site with unlimited storage and no limit to the size of the individual photos. I also have over 100 music CDs uploaded to Amazon's Cloud Player for free. I have 38 books stored at Amazon.com that are easily readable on my iPad.

Cloud storage allows me to use my iPad as a source tool to retrieve photos, music, books and movies to a device that has 2-3 times the battery life of any laptop, providing quality resolution and the ability to flip the screen to show viewers, including photographic customers and email them copies in seconds.

I make purchases for all this media on the iPad at any wi-fi hotspot. There are too many to mention in Portland, OR where I live. We're know as Silicon Forest.

Bob
iMac, iPad, iPod Nano
QUOTE Thanks