View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in MD View Post

We recently switched to FiOS, which means Verizon installed their own wireless router and created a new network. I want to keep printing to my trusty old pre-wireless Apple Personal LaserWriter 12/640 PS, but it's not really feasible to run a cable to the new router, which is now on a different floor. For various reasons they both have to remain where they are.
I can totally understand wanting to continue using your trusty Apple Laserwriter...but honestly (if you want to print wirelessly)...you need a new printer!

For as little as $50-$100 bucks...you can buy a brand new (Mac compatible) wireless laser printer. Many of the "possible solutions" to get your Apple Laserwriter to print wirelessly will probably:

- cost you more than $50-$100
- probably won't work (I've tried many)
- and one BIG hurdle will be modern software drivers for the printer (for wireless printing).

Not only will a new $50-$100 laser printer print wirelessly...it will also probably do photocopies, scan, and maybe fax as well.

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks