12-26-2011, 11:00 PM
I know I have been hanging out in the Switcher's area a lot, but maybe a Newbie community would be really good for people who really don't know anything about a Mac. For instances, topics could be:
1. how can I upgrade the memory in my Macbook Pro?
2. What programs should we NEVER install because they will screw things up?
3. What is everyone's preferences for word processing/spreadsheets. Does everyone use MS Office for Mac?
4. How should I be treating my mac? Is it okay to leave the power on all the time if the power supply is always plugged in and I rarely work off the battery?
5. At what points should i at least put it in hibernate mode verus shutting it off? If I use my computer every night, but it needs to sleep all day, what mode should it go in?
IMHO, a Newbie community might be a nice place for some of these questions.