View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I'll defer to others with more experience with AppleScript if I am wrong. I don't think importing the script into Automator and saving it as an application will improve speed. It's been a while since I used the Script Editor but I believe it has a means of saving AppleScripts as applications directly without using Automator.

If the script editor is launching when you run your saved copy it has not actually been saved as an application. It is still running as a script. Here's how to save it as an actual application:

1. Launch the Script Editor and paste in or type in the script.
2. When the script is running properly choose Save As from the file menu.
At the next screen where you give it a name one of the options is file format and it is listed as "script". This is actually a drop down menu change the option to Application and save the file.

Once it is saved where you want it you can create an alias to this program just as you would to any other application.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks