View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
I'll bet it's AV-related. I've noticed that nearly all of the major AV packages are so convoluted and bloated, they can drag even the fastest of systems to their knees, let alone a budget box.

Things get much worse when the Windows machine is running a more comprehensive security suite. I've found that in many cases, the program has so many nannies and co-opts so many facets of the OS that it does more harm than good.

As far as Windows 7 goes, I think it's certainly the best Windows version in recent memory. If they'd just fix UAC to work properly, those all-encompassing security suites would have little reason to exist.
I completely agree with you CWA. I even stopped using AntiVir and put in MSE which I saw you saying was good. It works quite well.
QUOTE Thanks