View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Better yet, use Deep Freeze. Every school computer I've ever used has used this piece of software to keep machines in tip-top shape.

Essentially, you create a "state" (a clean install so to speak) and every time the machine is restarted, the machine is restored to that state. You can think of it like so - every time you restart the machine, it's as if you've just restored the machine from a SuperDuper or CCC backup. The only problem with this though is that students won't be able to store files on the machine so if it crashes or they need to restart it for any reason, they lose all their work. That said, I don't know if students have access to a shared folder on some sort of server where they can save work.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks