View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post
i thought it was sarcastic. since its the most obvious thing to do and I have heard things like that before.
We get users of all skill levels here at Mac-Forums...so it's never a good idea to assume anything is obvious...and since this is an internet forum...it's dangerous to assume anything that is not written...since written communication is the only means of communicating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post
pigoo: this window doesn't have a scroll bar and it looks like it never will. Ive tried rosetta on other computers and it never has one. its like a presized window
I understand what your saying (about your previous experiences with a "pre-sized" window for Rosetta Stone)...but maybe that's because you were using Rosetta Stone on computers with a much larger display.

At the moment we're talking about using Rosetta Stone on a somewhat small 11" MacBook Air display...which may not be capable of displaying as much info. If this "pre-sized" Rosetta Stone window is not adjustable (and is not fully viewable on the 11" MacBook Air's display)...maybe there is some sort of hardware requirement listed on the Rosetta Stone box for a minimum display/resolution level (which the 11" MacBook Air may not be meeting).

Just a theory,

- Nick

p.s. Adding to Vansmith's idea. If the 11" MacBook Air's display is not capable of fully displaying this Rosetta Stone window...and if the Rosetta Stone window is not capable of being re-sized...maybe plugging a larger resolution external display into the 11" MacBook Air is the only way of fully displaying the Rosetta Stone window. I know that this is not an ideal solution...but it may be the only solution...if nothing else works.

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks