View Single Post
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
I doubt it - but there's no conclusive answer without knowing what's causing your connection to be slow to begin with. If you start with isolating that - it'll be easer to suggest a fix. In either case - the Express isn't really a bandaid for slow connections unless you're really struggling with signal strength. By introducing the Express as a network extender - you automatically reduce available bandwidth in the first place. I'd recommend looking more closely at your current router, both brand and placement and see if there's room for improvement there.
Yep, it works real well for me in that it extended my network into my living room (and to devices that are ethernet only, and I really hate pulling cable through roofs). Aside from that, I needed a WAP on a business trip.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks