View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Quote:
I have an external 750gb hdd that was formated by windows 7 to FAT32.I can edit, copy, paste & rename any file on the external hdd with windows. I can access the hard drive on my macbook but it won't allow me to copy, paste, delete or rename any file what so ever. Most of the files I try to edit are under 2gb. Is there a format that will allow me to copy, paste, delete or rename on both windows & osx?
Something is not right... Windows 7 will not format any drive that is larger than 32 GB to any other format other than NTFS. Are you sure that drive has been formatted to FAT-32? It sure sounds like it's formatted to NTFS.

Access the drive from Windows 7 and type this from a command prompt:

chkdsk d:

Now read what the format is.
QUOTE Thanks