Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
12-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by chriswarren214
Okay, I know that this is going to sound real stupid to people that have had a PowerBook G4, but I need the communities help. What I'm about to do is buy an Intel Logic Board 820-1263-A, but it doesn't have the CPU. What kind of CPU should I get with it? It's a good deal only 30 bucks. What do you guys think?
What is your goal here...to install this Intel logic board into your Powerbook G4?
- How do you know it will fit?
- All logic boards for Apple laptops made in at least the last 10 years have the cpu's soldered directly onto the logic board.
Finally...even if this logic board swap did work. Since you would be using non-Apple hardware...it's illegal (against Apple's EULA) to install the Mac OS on it. This basically means it's a "hackintosh"...which we do not discuss at Mac-Forums!
I advise skipping this project...and just purchase a used MacBook.
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery