View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekleech View Post
Running Lion on MacBook Pro which will not install any Nikon software except View NX. Nikon are supposed to be testing for compatibility with Lion but I'm not holding my breath as they have huge problems of their own!
Developers have long been dragging their feet on making their software specifically compatible with Intel-based Macs. It's been 5 years since the hardware changeover and Apple really had to drop the emulation layer to support PPC-coded apps sooner or later. It was popular and people miss it and even need it, but it is a drag on the OS and Apple is not one to let old tech hold them back. Hopefully now that Nikon has no choice but to update their software, they will do so soon. However… I wouldn't hold my breath on it either. If you plan to stick with OS X, I would look into alternatives to Nikon's software if you can. Alternatively, you may need to either dual-boot Windows via Boot Camp, or run Windows in a virtual machine like VMware's Fusion and continue using the Windows versions of the software.
QUOTE Thanks