View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

You could also do as you suggest and connect another device to the network and connect the Mac Pro to that. It would have to be something that supports "bridge" mode. I did that recently when I discovered that the time capsule did not provide this feature. It would join an existing network fine and provide a wireless signal but this left the ethernet ports inactive.

There are some wireless USB dongles which also work but tread carefully here. Last time I checked some of them do not have drivers for Lion yet and may not be recognized without them. One of the dongles I tried also had software which did not automatically restart the connection each time I had to restart the computer. You'd be surprised how quickly that gets to be annoying.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks