Thread: Ipad 2...Help??
View Single Post
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Correction, Razormac: highly LIKELY that it sat around (in China) for a few months.

Apple tries to keep up with demand by stockpiling whenever they can. It sounds to me like the *logic board* was made in July but the unit was not fully assembled until much closer to the date the OP bought it (this would be completely normal). Impressing the OS on it is one of the VERY LAST steps in the production process.

In short, unless she has any evidence that she's not the first owner, this is a total non-issue and nothing at all out of the ordinary.
Not really a correction, more of an expansion.

My first thought was exactly what you laid out that the date given was driven by manufacture of a key component or subassembly, with final assembly and OS install relatively recently.
My statement was intended to be, and I still believe it, that it is highly unlikely that the fully assembled and boxed iPad has been sitting in a warehouse in China for months. Especially given the continued strong demand.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks