View Single Post
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
So I've got my hard disk, a 2TB Iomega eGo and set about partitioning it but I don't see the Extended Journaled (Encrypted) option or indeed any encrypted options. I'm running OSX 10.6.8 on an iMac with 500GB hard drive and have set the partition scheme to GUID.

Any offers? I'd like all patitions to be encrypted ideally. and I think the names I've chosen give the game away as to what each partition will be used for.
My Bad!
I somehow thought you were running OS X 10.7 (Lion) which I refered to when I mentioned using FileVault2.
I apologize profusely for steering you wrong on that.

FileVault2 is a feature (and in my opinion one of the better features) of Lion. You can achieve similar results in Snow Leopard but you have to use Disk Utility to create an encrypted Disk Image on your HD.

I'm not on my Mac, but I think you reach that option through

New>Blank Disk Image>Encrypted

Will try to chase down detailed instructions (providing I remember) for how to do that.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks