View Single Post
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
I'm about to order a wireless colour printer for my use. The problem I have is that I have two teenage boys, both with macs, who will use it indiscriminately and it will therefore cost me a fortune in ink. Is there any way I can make it unseen by their machines? I should add that I already have a networked laser printer that they do have access to.

(Quick note: title should read "accessing". Sorry for typo!)
This is more of a question than an answer.
Assuming you have a dual-band router, could you put the Printer on a second network and not broadcast the SSID?
That plus password protection should prevent their access.

I ask because my networking knowledge is limited; what I have read suggests to me that you could do this, but I could be way wrong.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks