Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
10-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by GoInsane
I've been having this problem for about a month now where I would have to keep wiggling and pressing the power adapter into the macbook to make it turn orange and charge, however now it will never go orange, it just goes bright green (after a minute or so of adjusting it) and flickers slightly, and it doesn't charge at all.
Does this mean I need a new charger or battery, or is it something else?
A couple possibilites:
1. Clean the plug/connector end of the power adapter that plugs into the MacBook. And clean the "power port" on the MacBook. I would recommend some light brushing with an old DRY toothbrush.
2. If the cleaning doesn't work...the "wiggling" you mentioned (to get things working) sounds like something may be wrong/loose with the power adapter (tripped over the cord one too many times)!
If the problem is neither of these...then it could be something much more serious.
- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery