View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDude121 View Post
No, it's the motel's router that we're currently staying at. Unfortunately it's WAY over in the office, and we're over here. We're going to be here for a while, so I'd like to get some decent internet connectivity if at all possible.
Most motels that provide WiFi also have ethernet connectivity in each room. Did you check to see if the motel you're staying at provides that?

Otherwise, there's not much you can do to increase signal strength. On occasion, I have been able to use a USB extended antenna with my Toshiba notebook to get an increased signal. However, that same antenna does not work with OS X. There are extended USB antennas that work with OS X but they're rather costly.
QUOTE Thanks