Thread: Wireless help?
View Single Post
Skiproshop

Skiproshop is on a distinguished road

Sorry i will try be more specific.

I would like to have the time capsule in a different room and just use it to back up. I have had in the past a computer fire that destroyed everything so i like the idea of my back up being somewhere else and without a cable running around the room. I also get internet through a usb 3g modem and not sure it can be shared through the time capsule anyway (though may be wrong its just what i have read)

I would like my iPad to get internet still from my computer, which i can do with internet sharing on, When i first got my mac i created a computer to computer network thats called Petes iMac, my iPad finds this even with the computer off and i would like to delete it but can't at all. it just stays there and i find it strange that my iMac can join its own network but that is probably me not understanding it

What i want to know is what is the best way i can have my time capsule somewhere else, not cabled, and still have wireless internet in my house. what is the best method for this, and on top how do i go about getting rid of this computer to computer network or even just adding a password to it would be nice. and is it a problem using the iMac for wireless or is it not any good at it

Thanks for any help. as you are most likely aware by now i am not computer savvy but i do love using my iMac its a great bit of gear
QUOTE Thanks