View Single Post
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

The original Siri Assistant worked fine on the iPhone 4. Heck it worked fine on the iPhone 3GS. It doesn't have the full voice integration across everything like the new Siri does - but as far as recognizing voice and converting to text - the iPhone 4 worked fine. I'm not arguing for or against keeping it on the iPhone 4s only - I'm just saying I was quite satisfied with my experience with Siri Assistant on the iPhone 4. I still use it from time to time. I have no idea what upgrades they did to the software - but since it is now used for full voice control of the entire system it probably needs more hardware than the iPhone 4.

It does tell me - every time I start up - that there is an upgrade for Siri on the iPhone 4S - thanks for rubbing it in - but I still have 1.5 years on the contract.
QUOTE Thanks