View Single Post
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

In searching out an EHD recommendation for a friend in the UK recently, I read some (seriously) negative reviews of the Iomega, with one writer raging 'ANYthing but Iomega'. Make of that what you will, but read reviews extensively before making a decision. I suggest you stick with the better-known brands like Hitachi, Seagate or Western Digital.

The FW800 factor will come from the enclosure, and, if you're in the market for a new one, I recommend buying from OWC, even with the added cost of importing. The Oxford chipset is highly recommended.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks