Member Since: Sep 19, 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
09-19-2011, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by cbloks2010
What I did was removing the WEP-password of my wifi-network temporarily...
AWESOME. After many hours of frustration, THIS was the only thing that worked for me. I have a DLINK DIR-655 Revision B router and wanted to use the Airport Express to stream iTunes. It was all working with an old DIR-655 that had died. After setting up the new router, could not get AE to connect to wireless network.
Did EXACTLY these steps as @cbloks2010 says:
- (hard) reset AE and let it reboot
- remove WiFi security (also removed auto channel scan for now), on DIR-655 and let it reboot
- connect to AE using either Win or OSX Airport Utility
- configure AE to connect to wireless network, no security; reboot
- confirm solid green light on Airport Express; should be able to re-connect with Airport Utility
- add WPA/WPA2 Personal security and WiFi password to Airport Express; reboot
- AE blinks amber
- added security back to DLINK DIR-655 (WPA-Personal, WPA or WPA2 mode, TKIP and AES cipher) - reboot
- confirm solid green comes back to AE
- confirm iTunes client can see the AE
- perform happy dance
I have not yet added back the auto channel scan to the DLINK, but may do so in the future if my microwave interferes too much!
Thanks again to @cbloks2010!