View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsmith13 View Post
You are absolutely correct about monoprice, but here's my issue. I ordered a box from them and I plugged it into the projector and then I ran an HDMI cable from the projector to my coworkers computer, (which has an HDMI input) and I got nothing projecting. (The reason I hadn't tried my iPad yet is because I'm waiting for my adapter to come in.
Sorry, but I'm not aware of any video cards that will take a HDMI input into the computer. Only in the last year or so has there been a capture card that would do that.

Besides that, if you want something on the projector, you would not plug into the computer "input" if it had one. You would plug into the computer's HDMI out.

And where is the box in the picture you've painted? You say you plugged a HDMI cable from the projector to the computer. Where's the box?

Quote:
I'm wondering if I bought the wrong box because while it is a VGA to HDMI conversion box you have to match 1080p to 1080p etc.
You are talking about a whole different scenario now. A VGA to HDMI converter is not the same thing as a HDMI to VGA converter. Almost all of these converters are one way only. They do not work in the opposite direction. For that, you need another converter.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks