View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

How about telling us something about your system? You state two monitors.... What kind of Mac are you using? Year, model? Usually, in order to have the external monitor as primary, it's a matter of dragging the menu bar from the internal to the external monitor. But we need to know what kind of Mac you're using.

Quote:
Second question; I know I can change this next question for 'New' documents but I want it for documents that I receive and open up. So here is the question; I would like Word to open up to view documents received docs at a set 225% along with the window size to be the same every each time it opens - can this be done and how? Can I set it to default to 'page width'
The parameters for opening a new document can be set by changing the "normal template" which is used as a "boiler plate stamp" for all new documents.

I'm not sure if you set the normal template that way and open a document you received that it will adhere to the normal template parameters. You'll have to try it to see if it will work.

Quote:
I am using Open Office and it along with most other true Mac products do all of these without issue. Leave it to MS to be 'different' and difficult to set up. You'd think they would learn something from writing Mac software.
Not sure what you're getting at here? If you can do what you want by using Open Office, why did you purchase Office 2011? Also, MS was writing Mac software long before writing Windows software. And you think Open Office is a "true" Mac application? - well, enough said.
QUOTE Thanks