View Single Post
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealthill View Post
yes i was droped.his wife got mad and slammed it on the ground.cracking the screen..it just might be the connection to processor more than likely..this being soo..do you think if reflowed the chip it would come back? i have done reflows alot on HPs successfully.and i saw on youtube how some of the older mac pros are having the same problem..but with mine being new..if that fix will still work
I highly doubt it would work. From my experience, other laptops that I've opened up have "large" connections that makes reflowing easier. All the connections on the MBP are SO small, that if the connection did get damaged from the drop, I doubt reflowing would do anything but heat it up. Reflowing made my RRoD 1st gen xbox 360 last 3 months longer after the initial problem.
Plus, reflowing has the possibility of damaging something without knowing the specific problem.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks