View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
I don't have a fast/stable Internet connection, so had to buy the USB Lion stick from Apple. All the WiFi problems I've heard about made me leery of installing it right out of the box on my iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Snow Leopard). So I want to install it first on an external hard drive, boot from that drive, and test drive it for awhile to make sure it runs okay.
Why do all that extra work? Just create a good Time Machine backup to your external hard drive, install Lion the way it should be on your internal hard drive. If something goes wrong, boot from your Snow Leopard DVD and restore using your Time Machine backup.

And, as far as I'm aware, there are no WiFi problems with Lion. I upgraded my iMac from SL to Lion and the WiFi never skipped a beat.
QUOTE Thanks