View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I personally think iWeb is pretty nifty, but there's NO WAY I would use it for a commercial product, and you've hit on one of several reasons why -- the HTML code it generates works well enough from a user perspective but is HORRIBLE from a future webmaster's perspective.

Of the two, Rapidweaver would be the CLEAR choice if those were my only options. iWeb just isn't designed for anything beyond a personal website, and those who try to make it do more are just putting lipstick on a pig, and it's not even a pig that has a future, or produces bacon (code) that anybody would want to work with. Okay, I think I hammed up the pig metaphor as far as I could take it. No point in trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Really, if you're going to be doing websites for a living, I'd invest in either Dreamweaver, Flux or Coda -- the "big boy toys" of web design. For a small town and a small local business the "mid-level" stuff would probably do for now -- Rapidweaver, Sandvox, Freeway -- but if there's any chance you're going to be the one maintaining this thing, you are GOING to want to lay down a solid foundation that you can tackle on any platform using almost any tool, and that means using professional tools to design the site right in the first place.
QUOTE Thanks