View Single Post
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatM View Post
Is it really necessary to run Disk Utility every 30 or 60 days? If you have no problems and everything works fine what is the point? I see this mentioned quite a bit to repair and fix errors etc. but I like to subscribe to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it", school of thought.

What is the real deal?
More or less a checkup, if you will. Not 100% necessary but it will help clear the tiny bit of "clutter" that can accumulate. It more depends on each individual's usage - i.e. what apps you're running every day. But it's more of a general approach and you can choose to ignore it. It certainly won't hurt you if you don't run D.U. every 30 - 60 days. No worries.

But in the case of the OP and things seem to be running slow, I would do it to possibly help the situation.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks