View Single Post
hari.p

hari.p is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

Hello friends,

First word will always be of thanks to a forum without who's help i could have never switched to Mac.

I'm using MB Pro - 13" - bought in August 2009.

I upgraded to Lion but the machine has been running very slow.

I'm thinking of moving to Macbook Air 13" - and would be grateful if someone could help me out with this.

Main programs i use is Mail - Calendar - Add Book - Things - Numbers - Excel - Filemaker Pro - Safari - isoftPhone - iTunes - iPhoto - Parallels Desktop

According to one of the Apple store salesman, he could move my entire mb pro settings / data etc. to the new mb air. But i guess if i did that i'd also move a lot of unnecessary old files .....

So i'd rather get the Air and then move only what is required.

For programs like Things - Excel - isoftPhone - Parallels i have the license key - can the same key be used on the new laptop? I don't want to pay twice for the same program. I understand if anything is bought at the App Store then its okay. But what if its not bought at the app store. What should i do then?

For iPhoto, how can i transfer all the photos which have been saved as several events.

And can anybody recommend a good Mac cleaner. I was thinking of Mac Keeper. is it good?

Thank you for the help.
QUOTE Thanks