View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddog View Post
So I'm not sure where to post this so I'll just do it here. I have been hacked and there is no doubt about it. Games of mine have been hacked into and this hacker as also tried to access my facebook account. According to facebook, this person is from South Korea. I have been on "bad" sights and I've heard that there was some sort of new security issue. Anyway, this person apparently can figure out my passwords quickly, because when I change them I still proceed to get hacked.

How can I fix this!!?!??!?!
You didn't mention what version OS X you are running, but the no-brainer here would be to pick up an AV scanner. ClamXav is free and should be very effective at detecting the few trojans that are known to infect OS X. Once that's handled, change your email password.

For the record, I'm quite skeptical that your computer has been compromised. If it had been, the "hacker" would more likely have successfully gotten into Facebook, not simply tried. Some time back, I had the same issue as a result of the Gawker blog network being compromised and a large list of user names, email addresses, and passwords being distributed. People were simply downloading that list and plugging in those email addresses and passwords into other popular sites to see if they had matches there. Sony's service got compromised also. I'd wager that's what really is going on here.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks