View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I'm on record here as not being a big fan of the free Office alternatives because they are (IMO) un-Mac-like and fugly. Having said that, I recently gave the three main alternatives (OpenOffice, NeoOffice and LibreOffice) a spin for a class I was going to teach.

If I recall correctly, I booted NeoOffice out of the lineup because the new "mandatory donation" for 3.1 or whatever version they are at, and the "mandatory donation" of $100 to join the forum. The Office alternatives (any of them) are worth $30, sure, but this is quasi-legal IMO and the forum fee is just plain stupid.

I personally prefer iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote). $49 for the whole suite or $20 per app from the Mac App Store. You might download a demo from Apple's website and give it a spin.
QUOTE Thanks