View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperborean View Post
Any pro/con thoughts about the apps being regulated and need of approval from apple?
Pros - Apps are usually of high quality and no malware issues.

Cons - Anything the carrier or Apple doesn't want you to have (think free tethering) is excluded. You can always jailbreak, but then you're taking your phone out of standards, which can introduce stability and security issues.

Quote:
Also speed (the other phone im thinking of is the HTC Inspire 4G).
If you have 4G in your area, then you'll definitely see a huge improvement in throughput when you're mobile (i.e. away from WiFi). The service areas are pretty limited at this point, and existing 4G chipsets are battery hogs. So, if you can make do with the slower 3G transfer rates, that does work to your advantage in terms of how often you have to be tethered to an outlet.

Quote:
I know the 8m camera is nice on the HTC but no forward facing.
It's overrated and the lens scratches easily, because it protrudes from the base of the phone. IMO, 5MP is fine for a phone camera. Anything else is overkill.

Quote:
I've also heard friends talk about likes and dislikes of the HTC having removable memory (such as not being able to store apps on it).
Or when it decides to dis-mount for no apparent reason or the card gets corrupted because that unknown reason for dis-mount ends up corrupting the card. I'm not sure if this is an Android or hardware problem, but I never trusted the external storage because I lost data on it here and there.

Quote:
Big thing im looking for is...What can my i-mac do with the i-phone other phones cant?
Sync your iTunes library seamlessly. Backup properly. Easy firmware updates. Seamless integration with your PIM apps (Mail/Calendar/Address Book, etc). Not force you into running Windows to use their craptastic "HTC Sync".

Quote:
Also does anyone know if the HTC Inspire can be turned on its side while texting?
Can't answer that one.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks