View Single Post
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I agree, excellent job schweb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post

Edit: No matter which cloning program you use I suggest booting from the clone at least once when it's complete just to make sure everything is working and you can log in. Had a clone fail once. I didn't know that till I needed the clone and could not log in to any of the accounts.
I would add that, in addition to DR (disaster recovery) testing your clones, you may want to occasionally test a simple file restore from your time machine backup. I do this, occasionally, with a small text file.

BTW, as an aside... my TM backup from 10.6 became corrupted after my move to 10.7. When I moved back, since it was deleted during the subsequent backup, I could not restore from TM. I could, however, restore almost everything I actually NEEDED manually since you can mount the sparsebundle as a disk image. Yay for backups!

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks