Member Since: Oct 27, 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
New To Mac-Forums FAQ
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Welcome to Mac-Forums, we're happy you're here. We've put together this list of tips to help you learn the best way to become part of our community. If you ever have any questions, never hesitate to ask!
Also, be sure to take a moment and read our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines
Take a second and say hi and let us know a little bit about you:
And if you're brave, share your pic:
Here are a few tips to help you post appropriately:
Helpful Forum Features
- Make your thread title descriptive. Don't just post "help!"
- Post your thread in the right forum. Read the descriptions under the forum names to help you figure out the right one
- Search first. There is over 8 years of great content here. Putting a little effort into trying to help yourself first makes it more likely others will help you when you get stuck.
- Don't crosspost or double post your question in different forums. Post it in the place where it makes the most sense.
- Don't bump your threads, someone will respond if they know the answer to your question
- Say thank you to people when you get helped
- Just like you got help, stick around and try to help others
Here's some good features to take advantage of while you're here:
- Use the reputation system to judge posts
- Rate the threads you like using the star ratings at the top of the thread
- Share great threads with your Twitter and Facebook friends
- Use Get New to see what's new since your last visit